Warren S. Watson
Mr. Watson is a medical device executive with over 35 years of med tech experience. Mr. Watson’s career began with Medtronic, Inc. where he served in capacities of increasing responsibility for greater than 30 years. Mr. Watson focused in the Cardiac Rhythm Management, Cardiac Ablation, Heart Failure and Cardiology fields including positions in technical management, clinical and regulatory responsibilities, business development, strategic and marketing responsibilities, and general management. Mr. Watson served as VP of Research and Development for the Cardiac Rhythm Management business for over 8 years and was Chair of the Medtronic Corporate Research and Development Council. Mr. Watson retired from Medtronic with 33 years of service to the Company.
Following his retirement from Medtronic, Mr. Watson has served on multiple medical device, non-med tech and charitable organization Boards:
- Executive Chair of the Board of Directors for Cameron Health, Inc. Cameron Health is a California based medical device company developing a subcutaneous implantable defibrillator for patients at risk of sudden cardiac death. He served on the board until Cameron Health was purchased by Boston Scientific, Inc. in June, 2012.
- Board of Directors for Cardia Access, Inc. Cardia Access is a Minneapolis based early stage medical device company focused on development of innovative technology for endocardial cardiac leads.
- Board of Directors for Cardialen, Inc. Cardialen is a Minneapolis based early stage medical device company developing unique, non-ablative technology for the termination of atrial fibrillation.
- Advisor to the Office of Technology Commercialization at the University of Minnesota. He works closely with the Venture Center where he focuses on the launch of new medical device companies based on U of MN. Innovation.
- Board of Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare in St. Paul, MN. Gillette Children's is a hospital system treating children with rare and disabling medical conditions.
- Board of Directors of Citizen's Independent Bank of St. Louis Park, Minnesota. Citizen's Independent Bank is a community based bank serving customers across the Twin Cities with four branch offices and over $300MM in assets.
Mr. Watson is a graduate of the University of Minnesota with undergraduate and graduate degrees in Electrical Engineering. He resides in New Brighton, MN.