United States Post Office (whether or not actually received by the addressee), by registered or certified mail with postage and fees prepaid, addressed to the Company at its primary executive offices, attention: Stock Plan Administrator, and addressed to you at your address as on file with the Company at the time notice is given.
15. HEADINGS. The headings of the Sections in this Award Agreement are inserted for convenience only and will not be deemed to constitute a part of this Award Agreement or to affect the meaning of this Award Agreement.
16. ADDITIONAL ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS. You hereby consent and acknowledge that:
(a) Participation in the Plan is voluntary and therefore you must accept the terms and conditions of the Plan and this Award Agreement and Grant Notice as a condition to participating in the Plan and receipt of this Award. This Award and any other awards under the Plan are voluntary and occasional and do not create any contractual or other right to receive future awards or other benefits in lieu of future awards, even if similar awards have been granted repeatedly in the past. All determinations with respect to any such future awards, including, but not limited to, the time or times when such awards are made, the size of such awards and performance and other conditions applied to the awards, will be at the sole discretion of the Company.
(b) The future value of your Award is unknown and cannot be predicted with certainty. You do not have, and will not assert, any claim or entitlement to compensation, indemnity or damages arising from the termination of this Award or diminution in value of this Award and you irrevocably release the Company, its Affiliates and, if applicable, your employer, if different from the Company, from any such claim that may arise.
(c) The rights and obligations of the Company under your Award will be transferable by the Company to any one or more persons or entities, and all covenants and agreements hereunder will inure to the benefit of, and be enforceable by, the Company’s successors and assigns.
(d) You agree upon request to execute any further documents or instruments necessary or desirable in the sole determination of the Company to carry out the purposes or intent of your Award.
(e) You acknowledge and agree that you have reviewed your Award in its entirety, have had an opportunity to obtain the advice of counsel prior to executing and accepting your Award and fully understand all provisions of your Award.
(f) This Award Agreement will be subject to all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, and to such approvals by any governmental agencies or national securities exchanges as may be required.
(g) All obligations of the Company under the Plan and this Award Agreement will be binding on any successor to the Company, whether the existence of such successor is the result of a direct or indirect purchase, merger, consolidation, or otherwise, of all or substantially all of the business and assets of the Company.
17. GOVERNING PLAN DOCUMENT. Your Award is subject to all the provisions of the Plan, the provisions of which are hereby made a part of your Award, and is further subject to all interpretations, amendments, rules and regulations which may from time to time be promulgated and adopted pursuant to the Plan. Your Award (and any compensation paid or shares issued under your Award) is subject to recoupment in accordance with The Dodd—Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and any implementing regulations thereunder, any clawback policy adopted by the Company and any compensation recovery policy otherwise required by applicable law. No recovery of compensation under such a clawback policy will be an event giving rise to a right to voluntarily terminate employment upon a resignation for “good reason,” or for a “constructive termination” or any similar term under any plan of or agreement with the Company.
18. EFFECT ON OTHER EMPLOYEE BENEFIT PLANS. The value of the Award subject to this Award Agreement will not be included as compensation, earnings, salaries, or other similar terms used when calculating benefits under any employee benefit plan (other than the Plan) sponsored by the Company or any Affiliate except as such plan otherwise expressly provides. The Company expressly reserves its rights to amend, modify, or terminate any or all of the employee benefit plans of the Company or any Affiliate.
19. CHOICE OF LAW. The interpretation, performance and enforcement of this Award Agreement will be governed by the law of the State of Delaware without regard to that state’s conflicts of laws rules.
20. SEVERABILITY. If all or any part of this Award Agreement or the Plan is declared by any court or governmental authority to be unlawful or invalid, such unlawfulness or invalidity will not invalidate any portion of